Thursday, August 02, 2007

More Goodbyes

Before anything else happens, you need to take a look at my swell new socks to the left. I got these in Kyoto.

This week has been very busy and full of goodbyes (thus me not posting very faithfully to the blog). I've now seen all JETs for the last time (Jon Wieser even forgot his passport on Tonaki island and missed his flight to Canada JUST to get another few days with me;-). I've waved farewell to Jeff at the airport, had a farewell brunch with Junko-sensei and her family, tonight I have a farewell dinner with the librarians from school, and then tomorrow is my farewell party with all the teachers from Ginowan High. Here are a few photos from my goodbyes:
Me and Yvonne, one last outing to the beach

Tim, me, Michael: one last bash at Paul and Mike's








Jon W., Yvonne, me, and Jeff: the gang's final time at Paul and Mike's!

Me and Christina's last night out dancing at Hinotama Hall








Bye to Abhi and Robyn...

There were many more photos and many more people present and goodbyes that occurred, but many of you have probably already seen all these photos on Facebook or Snapfish so I won't relive them all for you! In any case, thank you everyone for coming out Saturday, thank you Jon for accidentally missing your flight and spending an extra few quality days with us, thank you Chrissy and boys for hauling yourselves down from way up north to say goodbye, thank you Yvonne for an excellent farewell feast last night!

I'll miss all you JETs.

No comments: