Sunday, February 11, 2007

Just Another Friday

Every few months my school seems to have these surprise celebrations for unfathomable reasons. I'm sure that everyone else is informed far ahead of time. Usually no one remembers to tell me (since of course multiple notices have appeared in jibber-jabber-kanji in everyones mailboxes and it's been announced a zillion times in jibber-jabber on the intercom) until half an hour ahead of time. Ok. So on Friday it turned out that we would all be attending the gym after lunch for what I've come to expecct as "the usual": girls hip-hop dancing, boys breakdancing, Masayoshi dressed as a goose making lewd sex jokes (teachers trying to get the mike away from him), Kuuske (one of the larger more motorcycle-gangish 3rd years) ripping off his uniform shirt and jumping onto the stage in excitment to join the terrified first-year girls in their pathetic dance-routine, the buck-toothed kid dressed as a geisha (are we laughing with him or at him?), teen rock and punk bands with white towels tied around their heads, and this time something new... stage diving!!!! Yay. Here is my blurry picture of Masa (the goose) stage diving. I would like to add that the first person to try stage-diving was Dan-san. the crowd hurriedly parted and he did a classic belly-flop BAM! right onto the floor.
Here is a photo of Kuuske in the midst of the freshmen girls dance routine:

Here is a photo of the buck-toothed geisha, with whom I choose to laugh, despite the language barrier:

1 comment:

Claire in Tuba-Town said...

I'm constantly fascinated by the fact that your school blurs the line between school and cabaret show--amazing! If I win the lottery, I'll be there in a second. Wait . . . don't you think the lottery is kind of a waste of money?